Kidney stones are formed in the urinary tract. The person can undergo intense pain which occurs in the form of waves. It is necessary to get rid of the kidney stones so that the trouble can be kept at bay. Kidney stones can be prevented.
What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are solid rock-like materials which are produced when there is too much waste in the urine and not sufficient fluid. The form Kidney stone of the size of a pea, grain, or as big as a ball.
Some stones also take the form of uric acid. Kidney stones are painful to pass through the urine and make their path from the human body.
What are the various types of Kidney stones?
1.Calcium Oxalate Stones
2.Calcium Phosphate Stones
5.Uric Acid Stones
What kinds of food should be avoided so that kidney stones are kept at bay?
1. Any food which has too much consistency of sugar or salt should be avoided. It is essential to take a short amount of processed food. Chips and nuts in high amounts are also like poison for the kidney stones. It adds to the formation of kidney stones.
2. A person who does not maintain adequate hydration can also get influenced by the problem. Drinking liquid, particularly water is extremely important so that kidney stones can be avoided. A person who has already had the problem can produce the same again. Thus they have to be more cautious and maintain the water level in the body.
3. Colas should be avoided as these contain a high amount of sugar and phosphates and can simply contribute to the formation of kidney stones.
4. Chocolates can also add to the problem.
5. The family background history of kidney stones can also be a cause of kidney stone development for individuals. Genetics play a pivotal role.
6. Drinks and food which have a large content of phosphate and oxalate should be avoided.
7. Eating too much protein is not a good idea. Red meat should be consumed in limited amounts. Thus, animal protein should be limited.
Diet plays a big role, and the list above is a truly helpful guide for the people who want to keep such problems at bay and want to lead a healthful life.
How can diet help in the prevention of Kidney Stones?
1. Drink plenty of water. It is essential to help the waste formation cleanout from the body and drinking water is the safest way to ensure that.
2. Take a diet which is moderate in terms of the salt. Sugar intake should be controlled, and foods or drinks including a high level of sugar should be avoided.
3. Lifestyle modifications and changing food habits can play a vital role to help the person in getting rid of the problem.
4. Potassium, nitrate, and citrate are present in veggies and fruits. The eating such foods should be done in a good amount so that kidney stone development can be kept at bay.
5. Take a diet which has a good quantity of calcium. Calcium can help in preventing the production of things which can grow into stones in the digestive tract.
6. Limit foods that are rich in oxalate. This includes sweet potato, nuts, berries, etc.
Kidney stones can be treated. In fact, at times it passes on its own. Though it is painful; yet home remedies are also very effective in treating the problem. Consult Dr. Rajesh Dhake for kidney stone treatment in Pune.